I’m participating in this meme that I came across by way of Amy, and I’ll be posting seven things each day relating to each of the seven deadly sins [pride, envy, wrath, sloth, greed, gluttony, and lust]. I’ve always had a fascination with the seven deadly sins so this should be fun.
Do you know what REALLY pisses me off?
1. People that ALWAYS have to be right. I’m working on this myself. Just learn to say, “Maybe you have a point.” or SOMETHING. Don’t keep arguing. And then when I say, “can’t you just stop arguing for once?” don’t say, “I’m not arguing.” Do you even hear yourself?!?
2. People who lie. I’ve preached this one forever. Don’t lie. I’ll never trust you again.
3. People who slack on the job. Please don’t make me do your work while you get paid just as much as me to kick up your feet. I’ll kill you.
4. Getting woken up. If I wake up to an alarm or on my own, I’m fine. But if I get a call or text or a knock on the door or you come in my room and wake me up… just know that you have awoken the monster and you will feel the wrath.
5. When you tell me that I don’t like something. i.e. Me: “Hey mom, remember when I was a kid I loved your Chicken Fried Rice? How did you make it?” Mom: “You didn’t like Chicken Fried Rice, you LOVED Fish Sticks.” What the hell, are you even my mom? I know what I liked to eat. And I STILL don’t like fish sticks. So take that.
6. When I work hard to make intricate plans and then someone comes along and shatters them in one fell swoop for a ridiculous reason. God, I really hate that.
7. The sun in my eyes when I wake up. I make my bedroom a dungeon before bed for a reason. [TIP: Blackout curtains are my savior.] And I think we’ve already established that I like sleep. Don’t wake me up! That includes you, Sun.
If you feel like following along, here’s the list of ‘sins’ and what to post for each:
Day 1 – Pride. Seven great things about yourself.
Day 2 – Envy. Seven things you lack and covet.
Day 3 – Wrath. Seven things that piss you off.
Day 4 – Sloth. Seven things you neglect to do.
Day 5 – Greed. Seven worldly material desires.
Day 6 – Gluttony. Seven guilty pleasures.
Day 7 – Lust. Seven love secrets.