I’m participating in this meme that I came across by way of Amy, and I’ll be posting seven things each day relating to each of the seven deadly sins [pride, envy, wrath, sloth, greed, gluttony, and lust]. I’ve always had a fascination with the seven deadly sins so this should be fun.
I think we all have a few guilty pleasures.
1. TV. As I type this, I’m watching The Bachelor and I’m planning on watching five other shows tonight. I’m absolutely addicted to my shows. Watching TV just gives me time to relax and kind of check out of my life and into some fantasy world. Depending on the show, I can be a doctor in a drama-filled hospital, I can be stranded on a (semi) deserted island, I can be going on fabulous dates on zip-lines and waterfalls in Costa Rica, I can go to all the best college parties, Or I can just be sitting at a bar knocking a few back with my best friends. I love TV, it’s my escape.
2. Coffee/iced tea. I drink WAY too much. Except, no. I don’t really feel bad about it.
3. I keep buying different lotions, but I never use the whole bottle and I CANNOT throw them away because, hi, that little bottle was like 15 bucks. So I have a million bottles of lotion.
4. Burt’s Bees. Yeah, I realize that each tube is like 3 bucks and hell I could probably eat dinner for that much money. And yep, I totally destroy 70% of them in the washer before I’ve even used half of the freaking tube. But my lips need their Burt’s Bees. End of story.
5. Food. I splurge on my favorite foods all the time because food makes me happy.
6. Taking pictures is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I have boxes and boxes of pictures, and even more hanging up on my walls. That’s not even counting all the digital ones that I have never gotten printed. I love pictures.
7. Music absolutely rules my life. But some of the geekiest music is my gulitiest pleasure. Yeah, I love country music. But I’m talking like American Idol artists that didn’t win (and even some who did and went nowhere), movie soundtracks, Pop-ish wannabe punk bands, and, I mean, Ke$ha. I just admitted to that. On the internet.
If you feel like following along, here’s the list of ‘sins’ and what to post for each:
Day 1 – Pride. Seven great things about yourself.
Day 2 – Envy. Seven things you lack and covet.
Day 3 – Wrath. Seven things that piss you off.
Day 4 – Sloth. Seven things you neglect to do.
Day 5 – Greed. Seven worldly material desires.
Day 6 – Gluttony. Seven guilty pleasures.
Day 7 – Lust. Seven love secrets.