Back to business as usual with SC. This one’s pretty funny.
1. What is your ideal best date?
Me: Specifics aren’t important to me. I just want to be able to say that I laughed. Having fun with the person that you love (or just like) is the best thing.
SC: Go to a nice dinner. Maybe a movie, funny movie.
2. How long does it take you to get ready to go on a date?
Me: About an hour. I have to stop myself before I start overanalyzing the way I look and how much he’ll like it.
SC: 20 minutes, maybe 15.
3. What would you wear on the date?
Me: Depends on the date. Daytime? Jeans and a cute top with a cardigan and curly hair half up. Minimal makeup. Going to dinner somewhere nice? A dress with some flats and loose hair. A little bit more exaggerated makeup.
SC: Jeans, boots, a nice shirt and maybe my western hat.
4. If you are married, how often do you go on dates? If you are single, when was your last date?
Me: Not married, not single. But we go on dates whenever the mood strikes. Probably about once a month.
SC: We haven’t been out for a while, have we? We went out to dinner and went shooting (archery). I don’t really know if that was a date.
Me: That was totally a date. It was cute. And I told everyone at work about my awesome shooting skills. And left out the parts where I sucked.
5. What was your worst date?
Me: I don’t know if I’ve had a bad date.
SC: I took a girl to dinner, she wanted to have seafood and it was nasty.
6. Do you/Did you kiss on your first date?
Me: If the mood strikes. And yes, we did.
SC: I gave you a kiss when we got back from Knotts Berry Farm, does that count as a date? I just remember I was nervous.
7. If married, how long before you knew he/she was the one? If single, how long before you know if the person is marriage material?
Me: Again, not married or single. But I’d say this guy is marriage material. When you know, you know. And I know. 🙂
SC: I would say that it’s different for everyone. I like to take my time and get to know her as much as I can and then make up my mind.
8. Do you prefer day dates or night dates?
Me: I like both. Night dates are more romantic and serious, day dates are good first dates. Less pressure, more fun.
SC: I think I’ve only gone on night dates.
9. How old were you when you first were allowed to date?
Me: I wasn’t allowed, per say. I just came home from school one day and said, “Mom, I have a boyfriend. Just thought you should know.” This was in 6th grade. I went on my first real date, no parents included, in 9th grade.
SC: My parents never told me, “you have to be [this old] to date.” I guess by the time I wanted to, I was already old enough.
10. What is the most embarrassing moment you have had on a date?
Me: Probably when my step dad chased my boyfriend down the driveway with a baseball bat. Yep, that happened.
SC: Besides feeling like I wanted to throw up?