1. What type of phone do you have? Do you like it?
I have an iPhone 3G. I’ve had one off and on for the past two years (my first one’s screen cracked and so I went back to my ANCIENT blackberry (with the rolly ball) until my dad upgraded to the iPhone 4 and gave me his 3G) I also tried out the Blackberry Torch for a while. I’d never want anything but an iPhone.
2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
I was a freshman in high school. My dad wanted to get a hold of me without talking to my mom, so he got me a phone. And then I ran up the minutes and texts and he nearly killed me. I’ve paid for my own phone since I was a senior in HS.
3. How many cell phones have you owned since your first?
A lot. If I had to guess I’d say somewhere around 10 in the last 8 years.
4. How much is your average monthly phone bill?
Without the internet package I was paying 50. Now it’s somewhere around 80 each month.
5. When you were a kid/teenager, were you allowed to have a phone in your room?
No, I wasn’t even allowed to =keep the cordless in my room overnight. They didn’t want me talking on the phone all night.
6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you despise it? Or somewhere in-between?
I used to be on the phone ALL DAY LONG, before I discovered the wonders of the internet. Then I was on AIM all day long. And now I’m texting all day long. But I have horrible service in my house, so until my contract is up with AT&T and I can switch to Verizon, I’m not much of a phone person.
7. Do you text a lot? Is texting/talking while driving illegal where you live? Are you guilty of it anyway?
I text throughout the day. 90% of the (not in-person) conversations I have with SC are through text. I always have a conversation open with him. Texting is Illegal and I try not to do it while I drive, but I still do sometimes.
8. What sort of texting keyboard does your phone have? Touch screen, slide out, or something different? Do you care?
My keyboard is touchscreen, which I kind of hate. I tried to give up the iPhone for a physical keyboard, but the problem is that no other operating system with a physical keyboard compares.
9. Look at the last call in your call log – who is it? What were they calling about? Who calls you the most?
My aunt was calling to tell me that my cousin and her brand mew baby (!!) were getting released from the hospital. We never talk. The only reason I would agree to speak to her would be because of that baby. I no longer consider her family after the choices she’s made in the last few years.
10. What is the longest phone call you can recall having?
I tried to stay on the phone for like 10 hours with a boyfriend in high school. I think I fell asleep. What a stupid idea.