Better late than never, right? SC had a pretty bad accident on a four-wheeler on Monday night, so I’ve been very absent from the internet all week helping him recover. I’ll post more in-depth about that later, but for now…
1. How do you pronounce the word aunt? Does your pronunciation rhyme with ‘haunt’ or ‘can’t’?
I call different Aunts by different pronunciations. East coast aunts rhyme with haunt, West coast aunts rhyme with can’t. I never realized this until I met my East coast (h)aunts when I was in middle school. Before that, I called everybody ants.
2. Do most of the people in your life know you blog? Or are you partially or totally anonymous?
Most people in my real life know that I blog and they read my old blog, but they don’t know where to find me nowadays. I switched for that very purpose. So I claim to be semi-anonymous, but it really wouldn’t be very hard to find me if you knew what you were doing. Luckily, most of my family doesn’t!
3. When you grocery shop, do you prefer to bag your own groceries or do you like it when the store bags them for you? Paper, plastic, or reusable bags?
I like it when the store bags them for me, it saves time. I’d like to remember my reusable bags, but I never do. BUT, I do recycle all of my plastic bags. People think I’m silly because you don’t get paid for those kinds of things but it’s my way of being green and apologizing to the planet for forgetting my reusable bags.
4. Do you have a green thumb?
Not really. I’m sure I could keep a plant alive if I tried. But I really have no interest at this point.
5. If you watch the Food Network, which chef/show host is your favorite?
I love Duff, Sandra Lee, Giada De Laurentiis, and I love Alton Brown’s show and (more importantly) his flaming Kitchen Aid but I hate his recipes. And I HATE Paula Deen. You know that shit’s fake.
6. Do you like to take baths? Do you take them very often?
I like to take baths when I’m really stressed. Light a candle, grab a book, pour in some bubbles and I’m set. But my tub is small (think not deep enough or long enough) and I can only be in there for so long without getting that suffocating heat attack. On the flip side, my bath has to be hot. So I can’t solve my problem by turning down the heat.
7. What color are the walls in your kitchen?
White. which isn’t bad until you ask what color my cabinets are. OLIVE GREEN. BABY POOP. I thought we moved away from the 70’s? Apparently not.
8. Do you prefer to dine outdoors or indoors?
Indoors. Unless it’s a BBQ in the middle of summer I’m bound to be cold outdoors which will seriously impact my food enjoyment level. Also, bugs.
9. Describe your ideal weather.
Hot. Probably about 90 degrees so I can go inside and be cool if I need to and otherwise go outside and have fun in the pool and eat some BBQ ribs.
10. If you could learn any foreign language, which would you choose to learn?
Italian or French. It’s in my blood and it’s what my grandma learned in boarding school in France. I always thought she’d teach me someday.